Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Don't you just love lazy Sundays? Hubby has been out mountain biking this morning so I have been snuggled up on the sofa with a cup of tea and my laptop having a look at all the wonderful creations people have posted over the weekend. I've also been considering signing up as a Stamping Up! consultant. I was thinking about looking into it in the New Year once we are moved into our new house (hopefully) and settled. I figured it would be a good way to maybe get to know people in a new town, and make a few pennies to support my new hobby. From what I could see there is only one lady in the town we're moving to who does Stampin Up, and by the looks of her event calendar she isn't very active with it, so I'm thinking it might be worth giving it a go. But on the other hand, if I don't know anyone in the town, how do I even get started? hmmm. This was just a thought playing around in the back of my mind, but then this morning I found out that the company is doing a deal where their starter pack is 50% off until November 30th- so now if I'm going to do it, now would really be the time to get signed up.......oh what to do, what to do!!!! What do you think?

I wish Hero Arts did a consultant program, I'd sign up for that right away!!! Or Ranger, that would be a good one too!

I also had time to take photos of my most recent projects this morning, and even managed to get a Thinking Inking challenge card up and posted at Two Peas before the challenge deadline LOL. I really loved the sticky back canvas tree Jennifer did in this weeks Holiday Thinking Inking and it really was as easy at she made it look! My double distress in the background didn't come out as well, but I think that was due to the stamp I used for the first layer, it didn't have enough stamping to really be effective. Anyway, here it is...


I stamped Hero Arts Starry Sky (S5448) onto a glossy card with Distress Embossing Ink, heating it until it was really dry,  and then used Broken China Distress ink, wiping it directly onto the paper and wiping off the excess with a cloth. This was heat dried also and then I stamped a snowflake from Inkadinkado Snowflakes set several times around the card, again using the embossing ink, and heat dried it before applying several layers of Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I followed Jennifer's directions on how to make the tree, tearing strips of sticky back canvas and twisting them sticky side in, and sticking them to a triangle covered in dry adhesive- it makes a lot more sense when you are watching the video LOL. I stuck the tree to the card and then used Snow Writer by DecoArts to make snow at the bottom of the card. Once the snow was on I thought the background looked too muted so I stamped a few small snowflakes around the sky using Color Box white ink, and added gems to the tree for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from an old Hero Arts set.

Look at these little Santa Hats

Aren't they just sooo adorable! I picked them up at Target on Friday, and as soon as I saw them I pictured my new little birdie stamp wearing them, he he , soooo cute!

I stamped my little bird from Hero Arts Birds and Branches and coloured him to look like a robin using distress inks mixed with a little water and applied with Tsukineko Fantastix. The cardstock pilled a little from the water but it kind of made it look like feathers... kinda lol! I cut him out and put his little hat on and then stuck him onto a second image I had stamped onto white cardstock. I inked the background with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and  made a little pile of snow for him to stand on with Snow Writer. The mat was made by running a piece of cardstock through my Texture Boutique with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, and then inked with fired brick and sanded lightly. The sentiment, from Hero Arts, was stamped using black Stazon and then it was adhered to a metallic brown card.

Another quick card using those cutesy santa hats...


For this card I just embossed a piece of white card with the Hero Arts Rain Drop Background and A La Mode sparkle embossing powder and then cut strips of patterned paper from the DCWV Christmas Combo matstack and adhered them to the card. The circles were cut from the same paper stack, using my Fiskars circle punch, and then adhered to the white embossed piece. Finally the three little santa hats were stuck on the circles, using a little Glossy Accents to make sure they stay in place! Since getting into stamping and distress inks I have really ignored my piles of patterned paper I've had sitting around for years since my attempt at Scrapbooking ages ago! The current Wee Memories challenge- to 'dust off that patterned paper' really inspired me to go through my paper and get it onto a card!! I had actually bought this matstack this year when I first planned to make my own cards, and then added it to the ignore pile LOL, so it was good to get it out and use it!

I made a bunch more cards this weekend too, but I'll save them til later in the week so I don't go on forever here again!!

Hope you're enjoying your lazy Sunday!

Lynsey x


6 comments:

  1. It doesn't appear that you are having a lazy Sunday at all! I mean, loooook at these gorgeous cards!! The Chrsitmas tree looks glorious (too bad I don't have that sticky back thingy..) and I love the Santa Hat on the biride!! And I'm with you about HA consultant (I will sign up,too--LOL)! Good luck on becoming the Stamping Up consultant! Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards today! I like how each one turned out, but I LOVE that crazy bird with the Santa hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards today- those little Santa hats are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! I do love lazy sunday's. Love to go out for a walk or a bikeride. But there's always some time for stamping in the afternoon. By the way, once there was a time I had endometriose. I needed an operation and medication, and finally we got two children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great projects, love those little hats! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool idea for the little santa hats - love it!

    ReplyDelete