The challenge was to use these colours
As you can see it's a very simple card, just some embossing and colouring with Distress Inks on textured cardstock. I used Spun Sugar, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany and Chipped Sapphire to represent all of the colours in the challenge. I coloured the embossed image and then adhered it to a mat coloured with more Chipped Sapphire. I embossed the sentiment from the HA Live Life set onto the card in white for the final touch.
I also wanted to say a big thank you to my blogging friend Virginia! She has always been so supportive of me since I arrived in the wonderful world of cardmaking and blogging, and was so sweet to give me my first blog award this weekend!
I also have to share 3 things I love about me. I've got to be honest, and tell you that when I read that I was stumped! I don't know if it's the modest English girl in me, but I couldn't think of one thing- and that really got me thinking, I need to work on loving me this year! Isn't that very SoCal of me lol! Anyway, this is what I struggled to come up with:
1. I'm a learner- everything that comes up in life, I handle it by learning everything I can about it. Being informed about something makes me feel more in control, and I just love to have my nose in a book learning!
2. I'm optimistic (most of the time lol!) and truly believe that everything happens for a reason.
3. I'm married to my best friend! Ok, maybe that doesn't count as something I love about me.... but I'm all out of ideas!
Finally I get to pass on the award to 5 more very deserving blogs:
1. Megan- A lovely girl I met through a AF Wives forum I was part of a couple of years ago. She's a true inspiration to me, and shares her story of life as the wife of a wounded Veteran and young Mom of 2 beautiful kids.
2. Brenda- Another of my new crafty online friends, she is always stopping by my blog and pics at the HA Flickr group offering kind comments! She's very talented too!
3. Lin- Very talented card maker, she's always inspiring me with her challenge cards every week! I always love when a new post pops up on my blog reader from Lin! She's also very kind and supportive to me, and often one of the first to leave love for me on my blog!
4. Anne- One of my very first crafty online friends, she's a very talented photographer and artist. I'll always be grateful to Anne for introducing me to the HA Flickr group, and for being so encouraging and welcoming to me when I first embarked on my stamping and cardmaking adventure.
5. De- Very kind, generous and talented member of the fabulous Etsy Inspired design team, and her blog is soo pretty!
Ok, gotta run now and get that challenge entry linked up... but one last thing- just saw on E! News that Tia Mowbry has Endometriosis and just announced she is pregnant- double yey for this! Yey, that it may have brought a little awareness to Endo, and yey that there's hope for me yet!! Next month is Endo Awareness month and I'm thinking of running challenge here on my blog to honour it, I'll keep you posted!