Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dabbling in Digital.....

I was relaxing, watching tv this evening and playing around on my laptop when I remembered I had downloaded some Hero Arts Digital kits from Two Peas a few weeks ago and hadn't figured out how to use them yet! I am a big fan of Lucy Abram's simple, yet beautiful digital stamped cards and really wanted to have a go at it myself! So, seeing as I don't have any photoshop or anything, I managed to figure out how to get the images into a Word document, yey!!

This card really was sooo simple! Once I got the images (from Hero Arts- Lots of Love) imported and sized, it was as simple as loading some kraft into my printer and hitting print! I then just cut it to size, inked the edges with some Antique Linen distress ink, and stuck it on a card! To give it a bit more pop, I printed the large heart onto white paper and used foam dots to adhere it to the card, and faux stitched down each side of the panel.


Do you see the envelope in the background? This was me feeling all brave lol! I know its really not advanced, but I was very impressed with myself for working out how to line the envelope up and stick it down (with removeable adhesive) on a piece of paper before running it through the printer! This is one of my favourite touches to do with my 'real life' stamps so it was fun to do it with my new digi stamps too!


I'm not overly loving the design of this card, but I just put it together really quickly to get a feel for the whole digital thing! I really enjoyed doing it, so I'm afraid I'll have to get a few more of those kits- of course at least with these there are no bags to sneak into the house and hide from hubby lol! 

Lynsey x

2 comments:

  1. WAy to go, digie girl Lynsey! Love this design--so simple yet so pretty and graphic! Looking forward to more digie cards from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynsey! So glad to hear someone else feels guilty and has to sneak in to the hosue hiding little (or big) shopping bags behind her back!!! So funny! I love your first go at Digital! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete