I just had to get a card in for the current Hero Arts challenge before I get on with those chores I was talking about in my last post!!
The challenge theme is Summertime and Parties, and I was a little stumped, as having started stamping in fall last year I don't seem to have that many summery stamps yet lol! Then I remembered the cutey set Be Happy (CL377).
I stamped the flower and bee using Memento black ink, and coloured them both with Copics. I cut them out by hand- doing a horrible job I might add, I think I will be looking into the other part of the HA challenge to use die cuts and printables this evening lol. I inked a white Hero Arts card with Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks, and adhered the grass die cuts (EK Success) to the bottom. I tucked the flower into the grass, and put a foam square behind the flower part to give dimension. I then cut bits of vellum and attached them to the bee to make its wings, and then adhered him onto the card in position. Finally, I stamped the bee's trail, hand drew his antennae, and stamped the sentiment in Stazon.
I like the overall look of this card, but I'm not so happy with my detail cutting skills- I blame it on being a leftie.... and possibly impatience and blunt scissors lol! So, like I said I'm going to explore the Hero Arts die cuttting files and work out how to use them tonight :)
Ok, now I really must do the laundry or hubby will have nothing to wear for work tomorrow, hehe!