Thursday, December 2, 2010

A quick hello!

Phew, this has been a whirlwind trip so far! I got into London on Sunday afternoon, and haven't stopped since then with visiting with friends and family and of course a quick shopping trip in the city! I have a little alone time this afternoon as both of my parents are at work and I don't have anything arranged with anyone, so I'm recharging my batteries snuggled up in front of the fire with Mum's laptop.

I think I picked the wrong time to be out here, with all the issues the snow is causing! They are just not used to getting so much snow at once out here and the airports have been closed, trains not running and people getting stuck out on the roads- apparently they haven't heard of snow chains :-) I got here just in time though, as the day after I left London to head up to my parent's house in Norfolk was when the snow got down to London and ground everything to a halt. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it will have all cleared by this time next week or I might not be able to get my flight home back to California!!

It is beautiful here right now though, when you are not having to be outside braving the cold. I wanted to give you a little peak, so took this picture a little while ago out of my parents' bedroom window, overlooking the fields behind us.

My goodness, Mum's poor old computer just took about half an hour to upload that one photo so I think that will have to do for today lol!

Gotta run, my poor Dad is a postman (mailman) and has been out in the cold since 7am this morning trudging through the snow delivering letters, and he just got home- off to make him a nice hot cup of tea to warm him up!

Hopefully I'll be able to get online again soon. I'm going to stay with my best friend for a few days on Saturday and probably won't be able to get online, but will try to get some better photo's taken and up here next time.

Until then, hope you are all having a fab week!

Lynsey x

2 comments:

  1. Glad to here from you Lynsey! Hope all is well with you. Enjoy your time with your family and friends and stay warm and dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to be able to spend time with Mum and Dad. I'm sure they are so happy to have your there. Enjoy the snowy weather-it must look real Christmassy !! Be safe and have a good time visiting your friend.

    ReplyDelete